6550 Clough Pike, Cincinnati, OH 45244
The Miller-Leuser Log House is owned and operated by the Anderson Township Historical Society (ATHS) and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
The first legal owner of the surrounding land was Captain Matthew Jouitt, a Virginia officer who was granted 600 acres of land for his services in the Revolutionary War. In a deed dated 2 April 1796, 440 acres were sold to Ichabod Benton Miller for 50 cents an acre, on which the Log House was built. The Log House has had several owners, the last being Lawrence and Emma Leuser (1910–1969).
In 1968 ATHS was founded in response to the community's desire to preserve and teach local history. In March 1971, through generous support, ATHS purchased the Miller-Leuser Log House and the land surrounding it from the heirs of Lawrence Leuser. The challenge to restore, maintain and furnish this building and to utilize it to the best advantage of the community remains a vital part of the ATHS commitment.
The Brick House, located on the adjoining lot, was acquired two years later. This building is used for storage, Board meetings, museum, office, genealogy library, research library and for food preparation for special events and is open by appointment. ATHS now owns more than 10 acres with 14 historic structures. Society meetings, consisting of a historic program and refreshments, are held monthly (except January, July and August) at Anderson Center, 7850 Five Mile Road, Anderson Township, on the first Wednesday at 7:30pm. ATHS is a non-profit Ohio corporation. Membership in ATHS offers an opportunity to be part of this vital organization.